A link dump of some of the better videos I've seen over the past couple of years. Beware, some of these videos are most definitely NSFW because of the language used.
- Mongo DB is web-scale - starts sensible, then goes hilariously ballistic.
- A pharmaceutical lean startup with exquisite product/market fit (NSFW).
- Interesting analysis from Kathy Sierra on how to turbo-boost your tech learning.
- Programming is terrible - lessons from a (misfit's) wasted life.
- My primary love will always be distance running (2:29 marathon). Training hard and living simply in a beautiful environment - my idea of heaven.
- This is a love letter to the Zegama-Aizkorri trail marathon, one of the toughest and most evocative events in the European trail calendar.
- Just keep on running, ever onwards.
- Every running spouse (widow?) has had this hilarious conversation (NSFW).
- But I also love the pain and ecstasy of rowing. This is a great montage of an altitude training camp, with a pounding soundtrack.
- Cambridge University rowing, combined with another good soundtrack - I wish I could identify the music.
- My Dad died recently, after a long and eventful life - this song from Neele Ternes (and the related Xmas advert) sum up what I wanted to say to him.
- A great adventure, with an equally great soundtrack from Gresby Nash.
- Guardians of Hope - epic and emotional music from Dos Brains.
- Miracles - from the ever-reliable Thomas Bergersen.
- Rik Mayall was a comedic legend, both writing and starring in classic sitcoms such as The Young Ones, The New Statesman, Bottom, and Blackadder. This gem is an out-take from the Bottom stage show (NSFW).
- Straight into a flat-out lap of probably the scariest motorbike road course in the world.
- An advert that runs through 122 years of British history - the music perfectly matches the narrative.
- A eulogy to the power and grace of horses.
- A savage story from Anthony Griffith of life and unbearable loss - the best of times, the worst of times (NSFW).
- Puff the magic dragon - I love the little puff that happens around 8 seconds into that video, before all hell breaks loose.
- And now the adult Puff makes an entrance - an awesome Mach 3 stream of flame.